Sunday, January 24, 2010

IUI #3

Sunday night...ahh, how does it always come so fast!?! The majority of my weekend was filled with all things baby making. Friday after work I headed to acupuncture, then IUI Saturday, IUI Sunday, and then more acupuncture Sunday! The nurse called on Friday afternoon, and before I could even ask told me to come in both days. Hubby's numbers were great, 86 million with 84% motile...and then 36 million, 97% motile. You would think with over 100 million of hubby's guys floating around inside of me we could get this baby made already!! I'm thinking MAYBE I ovulated this am, as I had some pinching pain on my left side (the one with two follies). So overall I'm very happy with the timing, my follies, and the double IUIs this cycle.

So now as I enter the tww, I'm going to try super super hard to just stay positive. I'm talking almost to the point of just assuming I'm pregnant. I'm over the whole if I get my hopes up and assume I'm preggers, I'll jinx it and definitely won't be kind of mentality. Or if I want it too badly, it will just never happen. Let's face it, everyone who is trying to have a baby gets their hopes up and wants to be pregnant at the end of these two weeks, and lots of those people really do get pregnant. So why not get my hopes up, why not just assume the best possible outcome is in store for me, why not think this could really be my month. I'm kinda thinking I'm due here. And who am I kidding, I really really want this!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY that sounds great!!! Really hoping this is THE month!

Leslie said...

It sounds like your IUIs went REALLY well! And I admire your optimisim! I hope that your 2WW goes by fast for you and that you have wonderful news to share with us! Will you test with HPTs or have a beta? GL to you!!

Alison said...

Sounds like it went great! We'll be in the 2ww together...my IUI is tomorrow. Hope it goes quickly for both of us and ends in two positives!!

Christa said...

Good luck on your 2WW! Two follicles is great odds, especially with b2b IUI's. I hope this month is it for you!

Baby On Mind said...

Hoping that THIS IUI it the one!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Those are great numbers. I don't know much about IUI and timing, but the timing seems great as well! Hoping this is your month!

Anonymous said...

Great numbers and great timing! I hope that IUI#3 is a charm. Fingers crossed!!!

Jin said...

Good luck to you! This is my 3rd month on clomid as well (first 2 months on 150 mg), though it's a natural cycle - we cancelled IUI#2 to wait for some blood work results and we're glad we did it. Fingers crossed for you!

ICLW

www.teamjinfred.wordpress.com

Erin said...

Wow. Those are some amazing numbers! We usually have around 15 million total motile.

IUI#4 for us today, so I'll be 2wwing along with you.

Littlest True Blue said...

So excited for you! We will actually be in the 2ww together! I'm triggering tonight and doing the baby dance all week! Are you and hubby still supposed to "get busy" after IUI? I really hope we both get are +++++!!!!
LTB

Shanny said...

::Crossing my fingers for you::

TwoDogMama said...

Good luck! I have a friend who just got pregnant after her third IUI. Best wishes. ICLW

Anonymous said...

I adore your attitude! That eggie doesn't care if you're an Eyeore or an Optimist, it'll do it's thing either way. Might as well enjoy the 2ww and be an Optimist. BELIEVE!
SuchAGoodEgg!

EC said...

those are some good numbers, best of luck with your tww, I hope your positive attitude helps the time go quicker too!

~ICLW

Secret Sloper said...

I love that positivity! I'm hoping that your good feelings bring you a baby this cycle.

Jane said...

I love your stay positive attitude! I'm going to try to "copy you" on that one! It sounds like the IUIs went awesomely. Hopefully, this one is it for you! Good luck!

Geochick said...

Good luck on this TWW! So, I'm one of those people who couldn't stand the writing in the Twilight series, yet am still obsessed and read all the books anyway. Team Edward all the way. heehee.

Geochick said...

Whoops, forgot, Happy ICLW!

Willow said...

Yay for great numbers for IUI, and I'm all for the power of positive thinking! Good luck!!