Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy ICLW & 3dpiui

Welcome ICLWers!! Thanks for stopping by, I'm so looking forward to meeting some new bloggie friends this week! To catch you up to date, we just finished our 4th IUI and 1st injectible cycle. I had a great response, and this cycle has moved super fast...but a lackluster sperm wash sent my "this is so my month" attitude into a total tizzy! I'm currently 3dpiui and am feeling good. After last months chemical, I've been eating my pineapple and brazil nuts daily to ensure if hubbys guys find my egg that the little bean frickin sticks this time.

So speaking of new bloggie friends I realize I never posted about my Chicago bloggies dinner! I was so lucky to meet Egg at suchagoodegg, Al at mission: motherhood, Erin at thestateiamin, and A at aplusbwaitingforc! I have to admit, the first time I read that Al & A had met up for drinks I was totally secretly jealous. But also realized I had just recently started my blog and maybe down the road I would be lucky enough to meet a fellow blogger! Well, literally that day A sent the email to organize a Chicago get together and I was beyond psyched!!

I can't tell you how amazing it was to meet these girls, they are funny, sincere, honest, beautiful, intelligent...really I could just go on and on. But the most important thing to me was the instant bond I felt with each and every one of them. To meet women that completely understood exactly what I was going through, was just amazing. So often with IF I feel isolated, like I'm living a double life that some of my closest friends don't even know about. But in the blog world it's all fair game, I share things with you guys I wouldn't ever admit IRL. But at this dinner, everyone just understood. And after that dinner I had never been happier about starting my blog!

And when I did start my blog, it was really just to have a place to vent my IF frustrations. But now it has become so much more, in a way I could have never imagined! I totally wish I could meet each and every one of you! How cool would it be if we could organize a huge blogger conference?!? Hah, could you imagine trying to work that into all our ttc schedules!! But even if we can't meet IRL, know that having you in my bloggie world is so important, your comments and feedback literally make my day, and I feel lucky to have met each and every one of you!!!

18 comments:

Type A Nightmare said...

For lack of a better word... TOTALLY. I totally get it. Totally agree. Etc. Glad y'all were able to get together. And you're right... in IF blog world, it's no holds barred. Love it!

Good luck this cycle! Hope IUI#4 was the magic #.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were able to get together. It's great meeting up with blog friends and being able to completely understand each other!

I'm hoping 4 is the magic number!

Littlest True Blue said...

I am still totally jealous of your meet up! I'm a loner out here in Canada! I love the bloggie connection though even though we can't meet up! Stay positive during this hellish 2ww! You will survive and come out PREGNANT!!!
:)LTB

Secret Sloper said...

Stay strong! I'm feeling the "this can't be our month" negativity, too, but there's no reason why it can't for both of us!

I'd love to meet up when you come out to NYC. For a big city, there aren't many ALI bloggers I've connected with here.

Anonymous said...

You said it all so well. I had no idea what amazing women I would read through my silly little blog. All I have to say is, THANK GOSH FOR YOU GUYS! It was awesome meeting up!!

And thanks for your understanding comment. Yeah, if Dr. C. is lame about letting me cycle in March, I'm totally faxing him your ultrasound results and BFP success story (positive thinking, positive thinking!)!!!!!! :)

Type A Nightmare said...

Just gave you a BLOG AWARD! Check out my blog for details!

Erin said...

I'm so happy we were all able to get together! It's so refreshing to talk to people who actually understand!

Andrea said...

What fun to meet your bloggie girls in person :) That's awesome, simply awesome to see the faces of those who are always cheering you along this journey and to whom you open your heart. Glad you had that experience.

Best of luch and know that I'm sending you the "sticky" vibe and lotts of baby dust...I'm ever hopeful for your success.

HUGS

Leslie said...

That is so neat that you were able to meet up in person. I am glad that you had a great time!!

Wishing you all the best this cycle! Hope the rest of your 2WW goes by really fast!

jenicini said...

Lots of luck to you with this cycle. I know the waiting is torturous! Glad you got to meet up with some other bloggers. Sounds like lots of fun. :)

AL said...

Very well said - and totally get what you mean about living a double life.

It was so great to meet up! Can't wait to do it again sometime soon :-)

Hoping with everything I've got that IUI #4 is it for you!

Baby Hungry said...

I am jealous about your meeting up. I wish there were bloggers close by me. It always helps to have an actual person behind all the blogging. I hope this cycle is the cycle for you! Good luck! ICLW

Kristin said...

How cool that you've gotten to meet some of your bloggy buddies. I am so looking forward to BlogHer 2010 in NYC. I can't wait to meet all the fabulous ladies whose blogs I read.

Hope you get great results from this cycle.

~ICLW

Patricia said...

Hello new onlooker here. I joined the blogging world after my hubby and I moved across the country from our family and friends. Found you on ICLW!

Hope your 2ww passes quickly! I'm in the middle of mine right now.Sticky baby dust!

sienna said...

goodluck on your 2ww! sending *sticky baby dust* your way :o)

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet up with some bloggy friends!

I hope that your IU was a success!

Alison said...

So true and well said! I never in a million years imagined how beneficial my blog would become to my state of mind, sanity, and general feeling of community. Before blogging I felt so, so alone...as much as IF sucks, it has been so amazing to meet strong women like you.

It was awesome to meet you and I can't wait for our next meet up!

Dana said...

Brazil nuts? Now that is one I have never hard before! Hope you 2WW goes fast!

ICLW