Monday, June 7, 2010

10 Weeks!!!

How Far Along: 10 weeks

Maternity Clothes: This weekend I got two new bras which are b cup...whoohoo (previously an a)! And two bella bands which are awesome, and now I don't have to worry about my coworkers noticing my jeans are unbuttoned everyday!

Stretch Marks: Nope.

Sleep: Still going to bed super early...although Friday after my bloggie dinner (which was so fun) I came home and forced myself to stay up and watch Friday Night Lights (love Coach) with hubby, and totally paid for it the next day. I seriously felt hungover...so I guess I need to stick to my 10pm bed time!

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing Skooter last week of course! And, it's so funny a few of you mentioned getting a doppler to ease my worries...cause one was already on the way! I begged hubby to try it this weekend as I was almost 10 weeks and promised I wouldn't freak if we couldn't hear the heartbeat (such a lie). Well, after a little searching I THINK I found it. I didn't anty up for the digital one...so we're just relying on counting what we hear. But you can hear mine down there, which is super slow...and then this other faster one. Assuming that actually is the heartbeat it truly is the most beautiful relieving sound ever!

Movement: Still too early!

Food cravings: Still chipolte, but got the worst heartburn from it last time. And still fruit, the juicer the better, oranges and watermelon are my fav! Oh, and Salt & Vinegar chips...I've always loved these but the other day driving home from work I actually stopped at a gas station to get some!!!

Gender: Still no clue, although hubby and I have started to make predictions. He of course thinks boy and I think girl!

What I Miss: My weekly ultrasounds. Although I did manage to move my 12 week OB appt to a week from this Thursday (I'll technically only be 11w3d) but I'll get confirmation everything is good before the wedding!

What I'm Looking Forward To: My next OB appt...literally counting down the minutes!

Weekly Wisdom: Walking into the maternity store to buy my bella bands was totally scary, so make sure you're prepared. I just felt like such an impostor, even when they asked me my due date at check out...I swear I felt like I was lying or something!

Milestones: 10 weeks - double digits baby!

Emotions: Same as before excitement mixed with constant anxiety!! I remember commenting on preggos blogs when they hit 10 weeks and thought...wow, that sounds really pregnant! Something about double digits. And here I am at that same spot, its almost surreal. And I'm just so thankful to have gotten this far!

Hope everyone's Mondays fly by!!

24 comments:

sienna said...

yaay to double digits! so happy for you. oh dear, my normal bedtime is 10:30 and i'm NOT pregnant, so a little pathetic on my part!!

i woulda done the same things you've done to get extra/earlier appts in there, so you're not alone :o) i don't think hubbs will ever agree to getting a doppler so that's something i'll have to hide :o)

ps - if you've noticed, or do notice, i've hidden my blog temporarily bc a real life friend may've found it. will unhide it later this week when my paranoia subsides.

R.J. said...

Yay for 10 weeks! That's so exciting you found the hearbeat already. If it was faster than yours, it must have been it.

BTW, I love Wednesdays b/c that's the day I flip to a new week. Also, I bought the be-bands from Target over the weekend too...

Mrs. V said...

I need to take some pointers from you, I've pretty much been begging for an ultrasound, it's been a month since my last one!

Congrats on hitting double digits! Oh, and my husband bought me three belly bands off Ebay for 15 bucks (total, not each). They fit great! Just an FYI if you're looking for more colors.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for double digits! That's so awesome and exciting. Bedtime at 10? I go to bed earlier than that and I'm not even preggo. How lame am I?! And I imagine walking into a maternity store is weird after IF. I don't know that I would ever get used to that.

Maureen said...

So happy for you hon! Yay for bella bands and boobs:)

Andrea said...

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? I have the "size A" boob gig going on too! Glad you have graduated in that respect as well :)

On a more serious note, so happy you are doing so well and send you lots of love as you journey on.

xoxo
andrea

Kim said...

Yay for the double digits, very exciting! I like the new formatt of the updates...you are soooooo Pregnant!!!! xoxoxoxox

Secret Sloper said...

You're so cute. I love that while so many pregnant women would say they miss sushi or wine or skydiving or heroin, you miss your weekly ultrasounds.

Happy 10 weeks, Skooter!

AL said...

Happy 10 weeks!! DOUBLE DIGITS is awesome, it's got to be feeling more and more real every day. :-D

The Baby Race said...

10 weeks DOES sound really pregnant! woohoo!

Leslie said...

Congratulations on the 10 week mark! That is awesome! Hope the doppler helps you and gives you reassurance between appts! I look forward to hearing about your upcoming ultrasounds and appts!

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well and yay for double digits!! :) Just know for the next 30ish weeks I'm always a little jealous you are two weeks ahead of me. Good jealous though. I can get an idea of what to expect from you. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on double digits! Yip!!!

Rach said...

Glad all is well. Happy 10 weeks! Almost through the first trimester.

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Yea for 10 weeks! How exciting. I bet the double digits are great! :)

Littlest True Blue said...

double digits rock! And super exciting about getting the hb on the doppler! I read that you should only use it for 3 10 minute sessions a week...but I don't know. I will ask my sis what she thinks and let you know! And congrats on all of your ultrasound scheming! Woo hoo for seeing more of the babe!
have a good week!
LTB

APlusB said...

Yay for 10 weeks and double digits!!! So good to see you the other night! Can't wait for our next meet up!

Oh, can you remind me the brand name of your jeggings? They were 10000 x's better than the ones I tried on.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Happy 10 weeks!!

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah for 10 weeks girl so so awesome! I too am an ultrasound addict. I am so lucky that my doctor gives me an open appt anytime I want, cash here no insurance. Anyway yeah for bella bands I am rockin mine daily now. xoxo

Chelle said...

I think you're having a girl! The reason behind that is your cravings. Apparently girls make you crave fruit, sweet, and anything sour. That was the case with my pregnancy, and I had a girl. There has to be some truth to these things. ;)

Glad you got a doppler. You will never regret the purchase.

Patricia said...

OMG Double Digits! I love it!!!

Dear Diary said...

Yayyyy on 10 weeks!! Hitting the double digits it feel good. I'm also craving fruits like crazy, pineapples are my favorite!!

Lisa said...

Congrats on reaching double digits! Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on ten weeks!!! How exciting!