Monday, October 25, 2010

30 Years & 30 Weeks!!!

So yesterday was the big 3-0 so I'm officially old now, hah! No, it was actually the best birthday ever...thanks to my hubby and awesome friends and family. Its so funny because I remember back when I was like 25 thinking how it was so great that my 30th fell on a Sunday because we could have a big blow out bash Saturday night. So funny how things change! And while we technically didn't have a party I seriously couldn't have had a better birthday weekend!

Saturday I went downtown for a haircut/blowdry in preparation for the maternity shoot. When I got home from the appointment I came home to this, and it was such a fun surprise!

Hubby went and got 30 balloons to fill our room with!


Gorgeous flowers, taffy apples (my FAV), and Reese's...YUM!

Please excuse the shot glass collection in the background, remember we're staying at my parents house in my bro's old room, hah! And hubby killed it with gifts this year, we're trying to keep it low key since Arizona is really the big gift. But he did get me my diaper bag (which I had hinted I wanted) and an adorable picture frame that almost brought me to tears, and this super cute travel changing kit!



So I was praying the whole day the rain would hold off long enough to get our shoot in, and luckily the weather ended up being perfect. We went to the Bot.anic Gar.dens and it was so much fun and gorgeous! I can't wait to post some pics as soon as I get them. Then hubby and I headed downtown to this super cute fondue restaurant, and had the best dinner ever! It was so the perfect day!

Yesterday I had one of my best friends wedding showers, which was actually super fun to get to see all my friends on my bday! And then last night was dinner with the family and some more gifts, again most having to do with baby...it was definitely the recurring theme with was just fine with me!

Last week we were actually at my in-laws celebrating my bday and they mentioned this would be the last year Ryan sings happy bday Andrea, and going forward from here it will be happy bday mommy. The thought totally melted my heart, thinking next year at this time little Skooter will be a part of our lives. I feel totally lucky to have such amazing people in my life, and little Skooter in my tummy. And on top of my amazing 30th I woke up today and am now 30 weeks preggo. Now the countdown to AZ begins!!

24 comments:

sienna said...

congrats on 30 weeks and happy happy birthday!! you look totally fabulous and the first thing i noticed in the 1st pic was the giggle bag. my favoritest store in the world. we're thinking of doing a babymoon in arizona as well. have a blast on yours!! i can't believe how time has flown already. in the final stretch. hang in there :o) xoxo.

Rach said...

Wow, 30 weeks already. Happy B-day!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and happy birthday! Can't wait to see the maternity pictures!

Deanna said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 30 weeks and happy birthday! Lots of exciting milestones going on. I can't wait to see the maternity pics.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to you and happy 30 weeks to Skooter. Your hubs did great, how sweet and thoughtful he is. Glad you had an amazing day. xoxoxoxox

Alison said...

Happy Birthday! I'd recognize that striped shopping bag anywhere! What a cutie hubs to get you such thoughful gifts.

Rebecca said...

Happy 30th all around!! :)

Browniris said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend...happy 30th!

Andrea said...

HAPPY THREE ZERO!

and

HAPPY 30 Weeks!!!

I'm lovin' that your hubby got you taffy apples and Reeses! Celebrate this beautiful milestone in your life :)

Many HUGS

AL said...

Happy 30th birthday and congrats on 30 weeks!!

Secret Sloper said...

Happy birthday! You look adorable :)

R.J. said...

Happy 30th on both counts!! You look great too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looking fabulous!!!

A couple of years ago I went to the Melting Pot in downtown Chicago......soooooo good!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th! And congrats on hitting 30 weeks. Woo hoo!

T said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Your hubs is so sweet. Love the bag and frame! I told my hubs we can get a simple black bag. There is just something about a man carrying around a polka dot flowered bag :O)

Rilee Brown said...

Happy Birthday!!!
And happy 30 weeks!! That seems so far along! I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Love the diaper bag!
And I can't wait to see the pics from the maternity shoot!

P. Martens said...

Happy Birthday to you.....

Can't wait to see you pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday. What great gifts!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 30 - it sounds like you had a great birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lisa said...

Congrats on 30 weeks and happy 30th birthday!! I have to say ... I love your maternity clothes in all of your pictures - where did you shop for you clothes? The selection in Canada is terrible but i'm heading to the states for a shopping trip soon so I need some suggestions!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Aw, I love the 30 balloons from your husband, he sounds like a total sweetie. Congrats on 30 weeks too - 10 more left - which is CRAZY CRAZY! :) I cannot wait to see Skooter in pictures.

Anonymous said...

Happy 30-30!!! Talk about the best gifts ever. :) It's so true don't even think about stuff for myself anymore, it's all babies-babies-babies. That's all I want for Christmas, stuff for them! I see from the Giggle gift bag that your hubs has impeccable taste. :) xo

Hannah said...

What a great birthday! Congrats on 30 and 30 weeks. Hope the next 10 weeks fly by!